Using a Felt Applicator to Apply Acrylic Paint Experiment


I haven't had any time to do a proper craft this week, so I thought I'd share a test experiment that I tried out using acrylic paints on glass gems and metal washers.


A while back I got a set of these little metallic paints. They are called Lumiere paints by Jacquard (yep, the same company that makes the other set of alcohol inks). They come in these little ink like bottles, but they are, in fact, just metallic acrylic paints in fun colors. Truth be told, I didn't really know what to do with these little guys, so I set out on an experiment.


I grabbed the felt applicator that I use for applying alcohol ink (it's just a wood block with some fun foam and velcro glued to the top that you can stick a piece of felt onto) and put a couple of dots of paint onto the felt. I had no idea if it would work. The first layer went on fine, but it didn't cover very well. So I layered on another color and kept stamping.


It seemed to work fairly well on the glass gem, but the paint started sticking to the felt a bit on the metal washer. When it stuck, it would pull a bit of the paint off. So after a few different colors, I had to call it quits. But I might have been able to let it dry and add some more.


I was actually surprised by how well it turned out in the end. I will definitely try to find reasons to use this paint on the glass gems again in some way as it seemed to work very well on the glass. I'm still not sure how well it will hold up over time (if it will scrape or flake off, etc...), but I'll keep you all posted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plastic Wrap Alcohol Ink on Small Ceramic Bowl

Splatter Resist Alcohol Ink Tile

Alcohol Ink Washer Necklaces