Recycled Christmas Card Ornaments


I'll admit it, I'm a bit of a hoarder. Especially when it comes to stuff I can use for craft projects. I have a couple of boxes full of greetings cards, just waiting to be turned into something. So I dug out some of my old Christmas cards and some ornament shaped dies that I found a Tuesday Morning earlier this year. If you have a die cutting machine, you could use circles, stars, or ornaments to cut out your cards. If you don't have a die cut machine, a mason jar lid or a star template to trace around would be easy options.


I cut out a bunch of different sized ornaments from my cards. I found that it was often easier to run the dies through upside down (A Spacer, C plate, Card, Die, B plate) so I could see what the die was cutting. It worked out fine since the shape was simple and the card stock wasn't difficult to cut.


When I was done, I ended up with a pile of paper ornaments. You could hang these on the tree as is or use the ones without writing on the back as gift tags. I hope to jazz a few up and hang them on the tree, so stay tuned for a post with the finished project.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plastic Wrap Alcohol Ink on Small Ceramic Bowl

Splatter Resist Alcohol Ink Tile

Alcohol Ink Washer Necklaces