Duct Tape Pencil Pouches


A quick project this week as I'm in a total end of semester crunch.  I saw this idea while browsing on Pinterest and knew I had to give it a try.  I gathered up some colored rolls of duct tape, a scissors, and some gallon sized slider storage bags.


Next I folded over the storage bag to create a crease that I could use as a guide to cut a straight line.  I just eyeballed about how big I wanted my pencil pouch (or makeup pouch or whatever you use it for) to be.


After my bag was sliced, I put a contrasting piece of tape along the top edge (I tried one starting from the bottom and this seemed to work a bit better). Make sure to leave enough room for the slider to slide without catching on the tape.


Then layer on more tape.  Keep it as straight as possible. When you're done with the everything except the bottom edge, flip it over and do the back side.


After you've taped both sides, trim off the excess (much easier to trim with a scissors when the tape isn't sticky).  Then tape up the sides by folding a piece over the edge and tape up the bottom the same way.



When you're done you've got a sturdy functional storage pouch.  Easy, cheap, and quick...just the way I like my crafts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plastic Wrap Alcohol Ink on Small Ceramic Bowl

Splatter Resist Alcohol Ink Tile

Alcohol Ink Washer Necklaces