Recycle Craft: Washi Tape Storage Bin from Pretzel Container


I had this plastic container with a jar lid leftover from buying some peanut butter filled pretzels.  I knew the container would work great for storing something, but I didn't have a clue as to what.  Then I found some inexpensive washi tape on clearance and suddenly the container I had been using to store washi tape in was just too darn small.  So cue the perfect use for this container.

I spent a good deal of time cleaning the goo off of this container from its labels.  I think I used 3 coats of Goo Gone on each label before it came squeaky clean.


I poked around the internet looking for free frames and stumbled upon this one.  Then I used a font that had a similar line and printed it out so that it would be just the right size for my container. I printed it on cardstock, but it was still white, so I knew it would get dirty and smudged without a sealer over top, so I coated the back of the cardstock with mod podge and then stuck it down.  Then I covered the whole thing with another layer of mod podge to seal it.


Then I grabbed some coordinating black washi tape and trimmed the container with it.  Now I have plenty of room for my washi tape collection to grow.  And, the opening is plenty wide to reach my hand in and grab a roll.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plastic Wrap Alcohol Ink on Small Ceramic Bowl

Splatter Resist Alcohol Ink Tile

Alcohol Ink Washer Necklaces