Fun Foam Stamps Part 1


I found this lovely pack of Fun Foam from Dollar Tree in my craft room.  I don't even remember when I bought it, but I knew exactly what I wanted to make with it first: homemade stamps.


I cut up some spare cardboard from a box (the non corrugated kind would work even better, but use what you've got). Then I used a scissors to cut out some shapes.  Then I used some tacky glue to glue them onto the cardboard.  Super easy!


Next I thought I'd try out some paper punches.  The dollar store fun foam is very thin, so I figured it might work.  I could only fit the fun foam into one of my paper punches--the circle, so I punched out four circles and made a single stamp and a grouping of three the same way as I made the leaves.


After the glue dried, I tested out the stamps.  They create rustic impression--a bit imperfect. I immediately got some ideas for other designs (which you'll see in my next post). These are so much fun to make--very cheap and very easy.


Below are some cards I made using these new stamps.  I layered the circle stamp to create a background to pair with my new washi tape that I picked up at Big Lots (3 dollars for 3 rolls!) and I'm sure a washi centered project will be in the works soon.  The fun foam leaf stamps I paired with a leaf stamp I've used before and another blowing leaf stamp--they make me want to buy some orange ink for fun autumn cards!


Comments

  1. What an easy way to make some cool stamps - and I love the cards you created with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They were lots of fun to make!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Plastic Wrap Alcohol Ink on Small Ceramic Bowl

Splatter Resist Alcohol Ink Tile

Alcohol Ink Washer Necklaces